Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Down Time


I'm in rough shape folks. On top of the swollen knees, I also got the sickness. I think its the big fellas way of telling me to take a few days off. Its weird because when your day revolves around riding a bike, then you suddenly take that out of the equation..... your left with not much else to do.

I often catch myself thinking about trying to squeeze some quick intervals on the trainer.

"It'll only be like 45 minutes, c'mon, it wont make you sicker."

Then I stop myself and realize what I'm thinking. Its like some sort of habitual addiction.


Everything seems to be coming together for the Canada Cups. Booking hotels in Quebec is a nightmare. Who has someone at a front desk who only speaks one language(being french)? I'll be travelling with Matt Hadley, a very fast fella and fellow Maritimer. Hes hooked up with Rocky Mountain Bikes this year, which made me smile as he has been ripping it up independently forever. Good to see the system works if you put in the time.

No comments: