Saturday, January 3, 2009

Break in the New Year

New Years came and went. This year I did something a little different by going to a New Years Gala. I managed to pull together a suit, and the lady and I were treated to a good meal and some great dancing. The liquor was flowing, but I stayed away from most of it. Yup, I had a 80% sober New Years, and it felt great.



Two things awaited me the next day. One was a pretty killer cold that I'm trying to fight off today, and an insane snowstorm that hit the Maritimes. A lot of my buddy's from the Gala had to spend an extra night at the hotel as there was no way to leave. They seem to be stuck with no food in a crazy nice hotel with nothing but fancy dress wear.



I stayed an extra day at the Lady's house, as the car was covered in about 6 feet of snow and the roads were impassable. Eventually I had to hit the trail and started to 2km walk to my place. Unfortunately, I didn't have any clothes other than my fancy suit, so I dressed head to toe in my 5,0" tall girlfriends winter garb. Luckily no one was around and managed to stumble into the house about 45 minutes later.

No comments: