Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Plague has Come

Things have been happening the past few days. Some good, some bad. I've been grabbing the occasional coffee with teammate Josh, I've also convinced him that the weekly beer and pizza day(Monday) is a good thing.
4 hours on Tuesday, 3.5 on Wednesday, and a hopeful 4 hours today. Well, after much biting of the lip I have decided to take a day or so off.

The rainy ride last week combined with the hot ride the day after has caused a horrible rash. I've been riding through it hoping the plague would die off, but no luck. After much pain with each pedal stroke, and barely being able to walk the night following most rides, I've decided to sit a day out.

On advice from Doc JF, I got about $40 worth of supplies from Walgreens and fingers crossed a couple days of nothing will put the end to this thing. What a nightmare.



On to other things......

Integration is something that is a sign of progress in our world. When things evolve in these times, integration is usually a sign of this. In the bike industry we see integrated headsets, now integrated bottom brackets and shifters.

In the business world, in times of recession we see integrated companies, who streamline all in the name of process and efficiency.

In humans, we see a new trend, integrated people(IE SheMales)

Now, I have seen the future, in the name of integrated footwear. Yes, integrated socks and shoes! All of this evolution for only $5 in the sale bin(from $19.99). I've decided I'm going to pick up the other 5 pairs before someone else sees the future.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Hahaha! Those are the ugliest, most conventional socks I've ever seen!

diesel said...

too funny, haha.

diesel said...

glad to hear your doing well down there. keep up the hard work.

CSD said...

Damn dude, just like last year. You forgot the Bag Balm didn't you?

Heal up, keep killing it down there. It got all the way up to 0ยบ in Halifax today!


Eli