Tuesday, January 20, 2009

No Telling



Ahhhh Tucson. I arrived in town last night around midnight. I knew the address to my place, and had a rough idea how to get there, but didn't have a map. So after the flight came in I frantically ran around the airport to look for a phone book to rip the map out of. Unfortunately someone had similar ideas and no map was found.

I went to a taxi/shuttle company thinking they would have maps, and they pointed me to the Tucson visitors guide. The guy and gal were super helpful until they found out that I wasn't using their service. At which point they promptly stopped talking to me and said they "cant help me anymore"

I was kinda bummed and angry as it was 4:00ish my time, and I was denied a map. It was then that my new team-mate Josh showed up.He offered me a ride from the airport, and I was never as happy to see a friendly face after about 14 hours of travel.

The guy even made me a loaf of banana bread, HOT out of the oven as he anticipated I wouldn't have any breakfast foods. WHAT A GUY! Ladies I will foreword his number to you.

So I arrived at my new place and promptly went to bed.

When I woke up this morning I puttered around a bit and scoped out the place. Chole and Tom(people I'm staying with) are super nice. Believe me, anyone who has had BAD living arrangements really appreciates when you can get good ones. I have a good feeling so far about this place and we all seem to get along great.
(My shack, where I will be living)



My room/shack is starting to grow on me. Its pretty minimal but that's all I want.




(What I see out the door)
I went out for a quick 65km burn to get the legs going. Its weird because last year I lived in Tucson, on the other side of town. So a lot of the roads are familiar but ...need to be backwards. I got lost on the way home today. I'm about 5km from the base of the legendary MT Lemmon. 27 MILES of up.




At this point I'm just trying to take it easy and get use to the place. Time to hit the hay.

1 comment:

Katie said...

It looks beautiful Ryan! And warm... or hot. Not that it matters, anything is better than -30C, haha.