Monday, January 19, 2009

On The Road

Here I am sitting in the Charlottetown airport. Once again bad luck has struck me again with flights. Good luck did show its head through briefly. It seems in times like these, expect bad luck when dealing with airlines. The good luck happens when flights go the way they are suppose to go, IE no delays, a bag of free pretzels, luggage arrives, your stuff isn't confiscated,.....this my friends, is good luck.

My flights were delayed due to the rain in Charlottetown. Instead of getting out at 6am, I'm now going out at 1:30....wait...2:15...wait...2:35.....
This calls for a little bit more sleep in time, but which means arriving in Tucson at about 11:30pm or like 3:30 PEI time. Yikes!

I have enough books to read until November and I'm hoping to pick up a new cycling mag as most of the old ones I've all ready flipped though.

I had some great chatting with the boys and the lovely lady last night over some beers. We said our good byes, and despite the fact that leaving one life for another is starting to become routine for me, this time leaving dug a little bit deeper than normal. I'd like to think that my skin is becoming calloused when it comes to good-byes, but this time it seemed to get through the rough spot.

I picked up some compression tights. These things are suppose to promote recovery through compressing the muscle, and also claims to get rid of the jet-leg feeling in the 'ol legs. Well I'm giving them the trail today. When I put them on they felt like regular...tights that were too small, but now as I sit in the airport with them on I can defiantly feel them in the legs. MR. Laliberte swore by them, and Carson, one of my new teammates basically compared them to the second comming of Christ. With that review I decided to spring for them and give em a go.

I'll give a more complete review later.Until then. Adios.

1 comment:

Landry said...

Ryan, enjoyed the short time we rode together. You need to show where to make a donation to move your career onward. Best of luck this year - very exciting. If ever in Maine and want a place to stay / ride look me up. landrdp@spectrummg.com