Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I Need a Witch Doctor

The big day is approaching fast. Unfortunately my body isn't so ready to go. The persistent cold/flu keeps going and coming back. I haven't done a lick of exercise in 2 weeks in an attempt to fight it. I'm starting to go crazy.

Usually when I feel sick I cut back what I'm doing, try to go to bed a little earlier, and get up a bit later or minimalize my day to day activities in hopes of giving my body the rest it needs to fight the sickness.

After 2 weeks of fighting I've dropped everything I've been doing and basically just stay home and sleep/read/do things around the house in an effort to kill whatever is in my body. Yeesh.

With all the down time I've been able to prepare for leaving a little bit earlier than I have in previous years. Tieing up the loose ends is always something I leave to the last minute, but staying at home give me time to get the bikes ready for the big day.
Today's task is to finally build up last years TT bike that has been sitting in a bike box since Guadeluope!



The new Selle San Marco Concors have come in! These saddles are a pleasure to ride, and I was able to grab a couple of the 09 versions right out of the box from Italy through OGC(Thanks Dave!). Finally no seams!




Last night I popped one on the Casati, which will be my big miles bike until the new Orbeas Arrive. Of course that depends if the sickness ever leaves! Ahhhh

No comments: