Sunday, January 4, 2009

Cold as a Witches Tit



Now that the storm of New Years Day has passed, and the dust has settled, some of the riding crew of PEI grabbed their bikes for the annual New Years Day ride(plus 4 days). For me, this is honestly one of my favorite rides of the year. I truly get excited for this event. Not only do you get to ride and suffer in the cold with your buds(many of whom I've known since I was 12) but you also get to eat great food after in the small cabin where everyone meets.






There is usually more food than everyone can eat and its all great quality. This years feast included, salmon sandwiches, buckwheat waffles fresh off the grill, ribs, fresh corn chowder, (almost organic) vegetarian quiche, and perogies....mine and Eric's contribution.




Because of the re-schedule, the turnout wasn't as big as most years, but a good time was still had by all. The wind was pounding fiercely as we were right by the water....and well.... its the middle of winter in Canada. Its funny how PEI's main tourist attraction would probably be the beaches, but for most of the year they are pretty horrible to be around.

The past few days I've been thinking of New Years resolutions. What exactly can I 'give' up or try to improve in my life. With passing thoughts I couldn't really think of anything(other than cigar smoking). I know if I were to ask my friends what I should improve they would probably take a couple days and give me a list.

It was then that I realized that New Years is a day like any other. Why would I pick that specific day to realize something that should be changed, and try to use it as motivation to change it. "Eff it" I thought to myself. Every new day should be reason enough to change something you don't like about your self or whats going on in your life.
Here's to hoping I can keep my resolution.

No comments: