Sunday, February 10, 2008

Arizona Baby!



I made it out of the airports alive. 6 hours late, and one less bag. Unfortunatly/fortunatly it was the bag with my clothes/shaving kit/everything else. But I did have my riding clothes, so I took advantage of that.

Arizona is amazing. I've been on two rides and its like riding in a cycling magazine. Just unbelieveable. I've done a 2.5, and a 3 hour ride today and yesterday, hoping to up it to about 4 hours tomorrow. Both days its been 25degrees and hardly a cloud in the sky. Traffic is kind of nuts on some roads, but the bike lanes are killer. They're mostly the width of a normal car lane.

The place I'm staying in is pretty cool. There is a lemon and grapefruit tree in our backyard(the grapfruit tree is actually the neighbors. It takes some sneeky buisness to get the delicious grapefruit) Honestly they are the best grapefruit I've ever had, picked right from the tree. They are sweet like an orange. We do have a pool as well, but it is so cold it would make my junk disappear into my body. Speaking of which, it always takes a good couple weeks to get the junk into proper riding form, and I'm currently struggling with that right now.

This is the first year where I haven't pushed myself to the brink of death the first couple days on the bike. I've finished the past few days feeling pretty fresh, which is probably good in the long run.

I'm staying with Stephan Widmer and Matt Cottroell from BC. Both guys are pretty solid, and have a good 2 weeks on me, which means they are kicking my ass. I'm hoping after a week or so I'll be able to hang in there with them. Anyway, dinner needs to be made. A picture says a thousand words.

2 comments:

RT's BFF said...

Thanks a lot moron. Now everyone is going to see my gut and assume I'm an old pro. Now everyone is going to be asking me for tips and to speak at their children's kindergarten class. Just Great!

Unknown said...

who is this?