Sunday, February 17, 2008

My SpellChecker Went Ka-Put


Lots has been happening the past few days. You Northeners will be happy to hear that the weather went to shit for a couple days. I went out with the intention of doing 4 hours when it started to pour like a madman. I couldnt escape, and the fellas and I decided to cut the ride short and head to the coffee shop. In an hour the temps went from 14 to 4 degrees. Vancouver always has a way of sticking around.


Yesterday was nicer, but the cold has been lingering around. we popped out for a quick spin just under 4 hours. I've been trying to keep my cadence up to try to shed some of this single speed bulk, and I've been finding all the extra speed in the legs has been very draining.


There was also a 24 hour race in town. Matty boy and I decided to check it out and we ran into some old friends. Kris Sneddon was in town with the Kona team, and I also met up with Jim Wannamaker. An old chum who is the big wig for Kenda Tires. He was working the event, and we chatted about old times with the 24 hours of Adrenalin. Jim's always a guy I like to see around.


Today was the big ride. The Canadian Povilian came out in full force, with in the group of 6 we were all Canadian, comming from BC ,O-town, and myself from the Maritimes. It was the longest ride I sqeeked in all year being just under 6 hours.


Half way we killed up it up a 3 mile climb, and I wish I had a 25 or 27 as I was maxing out my 23 rear cassette. A hill like that shows who has the good legs and takes no prisoners.


Tomorrow I'm looking foreward to a rest day. Its funny how in this mode my life travels in simple cycles. 4-5 days where you ride all day....then the other you go to the coffee shop and get a big cookie. Oh yeah.


First week of the year 20+ hours accumulated and I'm feeling pretty good so far, other than the horrible sunburn.

No comments: