Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Lets All go To ManVille!



Another day, another doller. A solid 4 hours again today. I missed a turn which put me off schedule and with no water in 25 degree heat. I came very very close to the wall but managed not to hit it today.





Other than the Ipod, the new, best thing to happen to cycling is Googlemaps. In 5 minutes I can go from knowing nothing about an area, to having a full ride planned, with all the secret back roads and little stops. When I was younger I had a map of PEI that I followed all the routes with pen that I happen to like to ride.

For those you you who travel a lot. The best rides are now at your fingertips. Take a look at your own area as well. I'm sure you'll find out that hidden away road that connects the best loop ever. I can't believe I havent found it sooner.


Have I mentioned the beer down here? Even in training I like to have a little brew with my meal(especially buritos) and this area has it made for indie breweries. So much selection, and so cheap too. I went to the local stone fired pizza place and picked up a pint of solid Oatmeal Stout for $2.50. I thought the bartender made a mistake. Holy Crap




I've been singing this place's praises for a long time now, and its finally starting to wear off. Dont get me wrong, its killer, but its no Canada.

No comments: