Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Wheels on the Bus go Round and Round



Days are comming and going and I've worked myself into habits here. 5 hours today, 5 hours yesterday for a grand total of 25 hours last week. One more to go before the rest week.


(Since when was BLUE a flavor?)

I went to a music show last night as a little way to break up the week. The cool part was the that show was in a bike shop, and the musicans were a couple guys who needed some money to travel around. It was one of the most intamite performances I've ever been to, and I picked up a CD. The price for the CD was whatever I thought it was worth, which was pretty fair I thought.

Just a few people showed up, most riding bikes, and everyone just glad to be alive. I find I can connect more with the fixxie single-speed/dirty shop guys more than I can with the racers around. I guess years in a bike shop have molded me that way, either way its good chatting with the community here.

More on the bike shop later, it is by far the coolest bike shop I've ever been to x10.



Because I do most of my rides alone, I tend to find a lot of people to chat with. Some I talk with for longer than others, but its cool to hear everyones stories. In Tucson, on an average ride I've been seeing at least 30 other cyclists per ride, and on the weekends it would problably double that. Most people who are riding usually arn't from here, and oddly enough I see a lot of Canadians out on the bike. I've been chatting with everyone from 60 year old buisness men on vaction, to 30something guidance councellors from the Bronx in New York(he needs his time off for sure). Either way, they are all stoked to be comming from the cold into the warmth and riding their bikes.


(Beer is so cheap....so cheap)

Tomorrow is coffee shop day. ye

3 comments:

RT's BFF said...

Coolest bike shop you've ever been to???? I heard Smooth just bought a brand new mop and bucket?

Unknown said...

Why would you spend $3 on a new mop when the old one works just fine? When its black it shows its working...waste waste waste....

RT's BFF said...

We had a major flood. It was a sign from god.