Friday, February 8, 2008

No-one likes getting up at 4:30


(My life for the next 8 months or so)
I never want to do this again. Same old story, different day. I was held up in customs going into the US, which resulted in me missing my connection flight to Denver. So, I'm stuck up in airports, pushing my arrival time back 6 hours. Holy Crap.
(Customs Disaster)
I really hate airports, not only is it the most un-friendly place(especially US airports), it is impossible to get anywhere without spending a lot of money. If the world made sence, it would be easy as pie for athletes to travel.

Bike bag test #1 seemed to go ok. I havent checked out the old girl on the other end, so we'll see what happens. I did the 'ol foot jam trick to get the weight down which worked unbelieveably well. Basically when popping a huge bag weighing a lot on the scale, you wedge your foot under one corner...effectivly holding some of the weight up. It must be done very inconspicuously though. For me it turned an 80lbs bag into a 55lbs bag. Deadly

I also bought my first legal American beer at a pub in the airport while killing a 4.5 hour layover. Fat Tire T'was. Delicious. I'm so tired

No comments: