Sunday, March 9, 2008

Down the Road



I realized I have my own little pharmacy forming in my room. I don't fill my mouth with pills everyday, but I like to take the necessities routinely. The problem with the pharmacy down the road is that they always have 2-for-1 deals on. So when I go to get some simple multi-vitamins I end up coming home with 2 years worth, along with enough echinacea to give the appearances of a weed grow op. Its all well and good, but then I get into the old problem of only having what I can pack in a suitcase. Vitamins and things like that are also so much cheaper down here.

Its hard to tell if I have this cold on the run or not. Sometimes I feel great, then I notice it coming back. I got some night-time cold meds last night and they knocked me out for a full 12 hours. I even slept through a party that was at the house last night. Solid. With so much time to kill I've been watching a lot of TV. The only thing half good on is re-runs of 60 Minutes from the 1980's. There is pretty much a 60 Minutes re-run channel down here....along with the Military recruitment channel of course.

With the advice of Billy the pharmacist on PEI. I've been popping vitamin C pills like these damn Whoppers that were also on sale. I figure I've taken enough Vitamin C to kill a small horse. Billy wouldn't have it any other way. "Just keep taking it until you start to get diarrhea, then you've had about enough."

No comments: