Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Return to Sender



I pulled into the driveway finishing up the days ride(back on the bike). I was going to make a post giving an update on my mustache growth when I saw the illusive package. Finally after over a month of waiting. Its here!

It was probably the best care package someone could get. A brand new Garmin. Clothes from Opus and NRG, along with enough cliff shots to turn anyone into a diabetic.


The Garmin is an interesting toy, and I quickly set out to understand the damn thing. I'm a big fan of just riding. For the past few years I haven't ridden with anything...no heart rate monitor, not even a computer, so this was a bit overwhelming for me.

Despite my prior training habits, Coach Luc needs input. So I'm giving him all I can. My ride feedback has gone from...."yeah, felt good today....average HR was about 134bpm".

To now bar/pie/plot graphs of anything you can think of. "Yeah...HR was this, while at this elevation, and my cadence was that, for this long...what color do you want the graph in?" "Hmmm what was the humidity that day....here it is."


I got some feathery gloves from NRG as well. The Brown Trout Lite's. Great for crit racing in the states! I'll talk about my killer sponsors in the next couple days, but in other news.



I called Doctor JF on PEI. I told him about the Sore problem, and he said I should milk it for all I was worth. So, I was off to the pharmacy to get supplies. Yesterday also happened to be beer-chili day, so I got hooked up there as well.



A couple jabs with a needle and lots of anti-biotic, I'm wondering how the ride will go today.

No comments: