Thursday, March 13, 2008

Out with the old, in with the new


Who would have thought that jabbing your genitals with a needle and milking out 3 weeks worth of blood and puss would make for a pleasant bike ride. Finally, after suffering for weeks, I can sit on my saddle properly. No more standing for 10 minutes at a time.

The cough and sickness lingers. I feel fine, but I notice I have a little bit less power. Could be from the 30degree temps, or could be from loosing 12 pounds too though. I'm at the point now where I think I have to tone down how quickly I'm loosing weight. 2 pounds a week is healthy, but I think I'm getting a little too close to the edge, which is also another reason for the sickness coming on and sticking around.



There is another race in the area this weekend I might try to hit up. A Crit on Saturday and a Roadie on Sunday. We'll see what the Garmin has to say about that.


(no need for the old heart rate moniter watch anymore)

So yeah, the Garmin. Probably the coolest thing to happen to cycling. I'm finding out things about rides and myself I had no idea. " Yeah, that's a tough ride....." I didn't realize it was tough because there was 1000meters of gradual climbing in it that I didn't know I was doing.

Best washing instructions ever.

No comments: