Friday, March 7, 2008

I Love how my Mom Emails me Asking about my Saddle Sores.



I was in the shower the other day, when I looked down at my upper body. Checking out my physique I flexed my arms and admired how my bi-ceps have gotten smaller over the past few weeks. When your body can't get enough proteins to build up damaged muscle, it takes it out of un-worked muscle. This is why you see roadies who have the upper bodies of little girls. This only means one thing......fast.


As with most racing. Power to weight ratio is everything. Why would you need a big upper body if your arms barely get used? To society, a withered upper body and chest (with terribly perfect tan lines) is horribly gross in a masculine sort of way. To a cyclist....its beautiful. So fast. From years of mountain biking, and being a Taylor, I find I'm left with an abundance of upper body muscle. Its interesting hows the body adapts to some things.

I was at Bica's the other day, where I noticed some apples and fruit sitting on the counter in a box. I looked in, and the guy mentioned it was up for grabs. I looked around, and nothing was particularly fresh.

"Its dumpster fresh" he said.

"oh" I thought

I decided not to take any...not because it came from a dumpster(they were fine) but because I didn't want to get sick. I read an article on a cyclist who travels the country on his bike with no food. He manages to survive based on what he find in dumpsters and garbage's from Grocery Stores. In reality its pretty cool. The amount of waste we produce can fuel these adventures this guy is having. He said pizza from pizza places was always good for at least 6-7 hours after being thrown out and of course is full of fuel. A little tip.

You haven't lived unless you've eaten out of a dumpster

No comments: