Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Down Time



I've begun my rest week. The past few days have been nice and chill and the goal for yesterdays ride was to go as slow and spinny as I could. I pretty much popped it in the 39x23 right out of the driveway. Just cruizing around for a couple hours and spinning was so relaxing. I left the Ipod at home and just putted around a good loop around here.

I become an expert on the bird population around Tuscon. I've based all my studies on the wide variety of dead birds I see on the roads around here. Lots of pigions and such. Some breeds are more swift than others it seems.


When you dedicate 30 hours a week to riding a bike, then drop it off to about 12 hours, your left with a lot of time to fill. Personally I'm wondering what to do with my time. I still get up early, but realize as I'm making the oatmeal that I dont have to rush. The coffee shop has become my second home, and I think I'm starting to creep out the employees there. I think I'm known as the friendly Canadian with the weird tanlines who is always on the edge of caffine explosion who REALLY likes the ginger cookies. "Why does he always ride that old purple little girls bike?"

I went to the hospital yesterday. I walked in, filled out hte forms and sat for about 20 minutes. I looked around and asked a guy how long the wait was. He said about 3 hours. Which wasnt that bad. When I was sitting and waiting, I got paranoid about getting sick. The hospital really is the worst place you can be with a comprimised immune system. The more I waited the more paranoid I got. Not to mention I felt bad as I am for the most part healthy, and the guy who was beside me in a wheelchair was puking all over himself. 5 of the 9 people there were hooked up to oxygen.

So I left. From there I went to the drug store and picked up some supplies. The method I've developed for treating saddle sores is as follows.

1) shower
2) apply liberal amounts of baby powder to the junk, let set
3) apply liberal amounts of anti-biotic cream to the junk area.
4) dont wear underwear.
5) repeat later in the day.
6) watch movie naked, make sure to sit as if in stirrups.

Hard to tell if my little friend is getting better or not. Next week will be the test.

1 comment:

shawna said...

I like the method, tho I don't see how watching movies naked really differs from the usual off day. Hope you heal quickly, don't bother with the scab mail.