Sunday, March 23, 2008

Pice of Pie


Today was the last solid ride I was going to have in Tucson as I'm flying up to Vancouver on Tuesday. I wanted to make it a good one. Luc scheduled 5 hours, and I hadn't been up to the top of Mt. Lemmon yet. So, today was the day. Normally I wouldn't have gone up there on a day like today as the winds in Tucson were crazy! Other people seemed to think the same, as the hill was pretty bare for a Sunday.


Everyone I've been riding with has told me that on top of Lemmon there is a killer pie place. " The best pie of your life" they say. With this in mind, I knew today I had to make it to the top.

The legs worked all 24 miles up, and they seemed to flow up it much easier than they had the first couple attempts. The scenery is unbelievable, and the weather was warm at the upper regions compared to my last jaunt up the hill.



The Pie. I don't really like pie to tell you the truth. But, with so many people telling it it was so good I took the plunge. For $8 for a slice of pie it better have been worth it! It ended up being pretty good, I wouldn't expect any less for $10 for a Pepsi and a piece of pie. Looking at my mid-ride snack I made sure it was the only thing I ate. There was about enough calories for 5 Lemmon rides.


Of course the decent is after and I took it slow as Lemmon has quite a bit of traffic on Sundays. The hill wasnt nearly as cold as I was expecting which was good. This time of years arm warmers and a vest were enough.


I rolled in home with a ride time of 5:30(including pie) 140km's and just over 2400meters elevation gain.


(I bet they wouldnt like the snow if they got 10 feet of it for 8 months of the year)

No comments: